The Triathlon club of Burlington (TCoB) is dedicated to improving the fitness, performance, and knowledge of all triathletes from novice to experienced.
If you are attempting a triathlon for the first time, an active age group competitor; or working towards Ironman, TCOB creates a productive environment for training and a relaxed atmosphere for socializing. To insure that we address all types of triathletes/duathletes, each of our workouts are broken into Short Course (Try-A-Tri & Sprint distances) and Long Course (Olympic, Half and Full Ironman distances).
- To increase the fitness and health of members through triathlon and endurance training.
- Present a variety of training options to increase the performance of all athletes from novice to experienced.
- To provide a variety of educational tools to assist athletes increase their knowledge of the sport, nutrition and other performance and health issues.
- To provide a social networking opportunity for all TCOB members.
- To increase the visibility of the sport throughout the Burlington community.
The key to improving your fitness level or race performance is to develop a program that balances frequency, duration and intensity of workouts. Our workouts throughout the year are broken into Race Season and Off-Season
Race Season: May – September
Thru our head coach Greg Pace of PACEPerformance, and volunteer coaches, TCoB runs organizes workouts 6 days a week from cycling groups, brick workouts (bike/run), track workouts and open water swimming. Other options for running and cycling are available through our sponsors.
Off-Season: October – April
During this time, TCoB programs focus on the finer elements of technique as well as base training. The club’s off-season includes:
• Indoor spinning and trainer workouts
• Coached swim program
• Saturday morning long runs targeting Around the Bay Road Race
• Various workshops focused on improving knowledge and technique
• Year-round monthly newsletters and updates on events such as Christmas social, Christmas lights run, Mega Days and the Vertical Mile keep members active thru out the off-season.
At the end of the 2016 race season, TCOB over 150 active members. The club is composed of a diverse group of men and women ranging in age from young adults (aged 19 years) to Kona qualifying age group athletes and senior citizens. However, the organizations activities are targeted at a much broader audience encompassing the individual triathletes in Halton region interested in increasing their health, fitness and competitive skills throughout the rapidly growing sport of triathlon and more broadly members of the community interested in exploring triathlon as a vehicle for
- All summer group workouts – at least 6 per week
- Free long sleeved technical TCoB team shirt
- All socials
- Winter Saturday long runs – focusing on Around the Bay 15 and 30km Race
- Monday Evening Run Clinic from Neworld Runners
- All Vertical Miles
- Special pricing on partner events like December 27th Mega Day, Thursday Neworld Indoor Cycling and PacePerformance Sunday Swims
2016 Annual Membership – $120
$68 for club activities and $52 for Triathlon Ontario Membership
Please note a TO membership is not optional. It will also provide race/practice insurance and a Triathlon Magazine Canada subscription.
- 13% discount at Neworld Cycle located in Burlington, on regularly priced, in-stock items up to a maximum of $200 per purchase.
- Special membership pricing for seminars and clinics focused on developing athlete’s knowledge of the sport and improving performance.
Liability and accident insurance coverage for races and workouts through Triathlon Ontario for which membership can be purchased with your club membership.